Wednesday 12 September 2012

HSBC Different Values - Media Evaluation 12/09/12


Hi,

Today we saw HSBC advertisements and we were to take the idea and make our own. The ones you see to your right are my own ones I made - using PhotoShop.

The first one with 3 different pictures are based on my fears, the first picture is an angry teacher (I am not scared of them, just dislike incountering them), the second one being a wasp which I extremely petrified off, third being death, as others I am very scared of death.

The one with the BlackBerry Messanger logo, and I listed each one with a different picture, one with communication, one with interaction and one with havoc. I put the word havoc as the London Riots were also caused through it and it was a main source for organising the riots, attacks and raids. Communication for the most obvious reason, talking to friends. Interaction is with interacting with friends, being able to send voice-notes, pictures, videos and even play games (Caro etc...).

I think I could of improved the first one (top picture) by maybe using a more sophisticated word, instead of 'fear'.

Thanks

2 comments:

  1. WWW: Two good concepts and you've explained your thinking in some detail - this is crucial in Media.
    EBI: I agree that the fear ad could be improved - perhaps by using more general fears rather than your own?
    LR: What other fears could you have included in that ad?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could improve it but I am not entirely sure, and possibly a closed up place (Claustrophobia), Spiders (arachnophobia)...

      Delete